Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's a ZOO out there... (tee hee)

Today, Matthew, Jake and I met up with my friend Katie and her sons Ashton and Owen. Matthew and Ashton are 10 days apart, and Owen is about a year younger than Jake. Between the two of us... we have alot of boys. Our adventure today was Pt Defiance Zoo in Tacoma.

After visiting the sharks, enjoying a park bench picnic in the shade, and then searching for a bathroom, we stopped by this water tank full of fake fish things. I am not exactly sure the point of the rubber starfish...
Then we found a real tidepool - the boys were so cute and curious.
I was after some tiger pictures, and was fortunate to be so close...
but I had to shoot from behind glass. Oh well.

The tiger place

Then we headed over to the "water park" as the kids called it - the tiny little pad that has random sprinkler gizmos. The kid area was fun but crowded on this hot, summer Saturday.



A bird we happened to walk by.
Jake loved feeding the goats - so cute. The lighting was crummy and I had my super zoomo lens on (and rather than take the time to change it) so I just tried to snap from as far away as I could. Heh. Isn't this goat creepy looking?

On our way out, Matthew wanted a picture on the cool bench. Jake, of course, never misses an opportunity to take a swipe at Matthew. Mean little brother.

2 comments:

KoriG said...

Oh how fun!
I love the pics you got....that green wing macaw is gorgeous! And you got some awesome shots of the tiger....even through the glass!
Isn't The Rainforest Cafe cool? We have one a couple of hours away and we've taken Alex. So cool!
I think you should go back for your birthday. Sounds like a pretty nice way to celebrate!!
:-)

Rachel Elizabeth said...

I love Rainforest cafe! Its were we went after we got engaged to celebrate!