Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ready for adventure!

When I realized how close I was to the ocean, I thought one Saturday, the boys and I are going to check it out! So. Today was the day. It was 70 degrees and gorgeous out, but of course, windy and sandy and COLD, so it wasn't like a real beach (you know, California. Hawaii. WARM sun. Blue water. etc) But the ocean is the ocean. I'd like to explore more, but this was just our check it out trip, so next time I'll have a better plan.


The kites were really cool... loved the spinning one. I have never seen one like that before.

This little surfer kid was so cute...
he looked so longingly at the water, but it was just too wild today.

Matthew feeling a little overdressed. He wanted to play in the water so badly The horses all seemed annoyed by the wind. I thought this one was so pretty.


Dirty water. But I liked the colors in this one.

And, of course a stop into one of the local shops. It looks suspiciously like August in this shop, but we know the truth about Washington beaches... it is never warmer than November no matter what time of year! :D

1 comment:

KoriG said...

Oh, that looks so fun!
And BRRRRR...so cold!!
Love the colors you got...the beach water, the kites, the shop...very nice!
Looks like the boys had a good time, and YAY for field trips!