Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve: Day 2 of Jen's breakdown

So, it finally got to be too much for me. Trapped in the house, a depressing Christmas, blah blah blah. When we woke Christmas Eve morning, there was alot of snow. I think about 3 inches fell during the night - totally the opposite of untrapping me. Remember at this point, I already haven't been able to move my car for three days.
About 9a.m., I got a knock on the door. It was the apartment maintenance guy saying get your car out now... the carports are collapsing. What?! I haven't been able to move it for three days - how do you propose we do that??
Drew, April and Matthew hung out while the burly men shoveled and pushed my car as I pressed on the gas as hard as I could. Finally I spun toward the main aisle and out to the street. The driving conditions were horrendous and I couldn't see a blessed thing. The street was frozen and unplowed and parking on the street was at a premium. Our road had become one way as it was lined with cars pushed out to the middle. A mess, truly.
Finally on my second lap around, I found a beautiful spot right in front of the complex and successfully completed my very first parallel park in the snow. Woot. It was only one attempt, too! I dont do that well in normal driving conditions. :) (Ok, there was alot of space but still! I couldn't see out any of my windows hah)
By this point, I was in tears - being left alone, no Santa, trapped in the apartment, crappy situation, carports falling. Yah, I was a typical girl mess. So depressed, and far from ok.
Luckily, I had an opportunity to escape to my in-laws. At first I was hestitant then thought, yes yes please!!! So we packed super fast, loaded the car with a suitcase and some presents, and the boys and I headed south!

1 comment:

KoriG said...

Ick, thank goodness they were willing to help you get out...and YAY for good parking spots. Good Karma girl, and God watching out for you of course :-)