Sunday, December 28, 2008

Escape! Freedom!

When the boys and I woke up on the 28th, we had our own little "Christmas" with what was under the tree from my mom. Since church was cancelled, we went ahead and got dressed and got the heck out of the house! The roads were clear enough and we wanted out. I was just going to go for a little drive, but somehow we wound up 1.5 hrs away at the beach, hah. I didn't have warm clothes or even car entertainment, but the boys slept the whole way there and I had a very pleasant, gorgeous spiritual drive on the way out there.

I shot this out the window as I drove by. The sun was so cool looking.

This was on the way back, about 15 mins from the beach. Apparently millions and millions of gallons of water were being shot out from both melting snow and rain and flooding this whole area.
I only know that because this man, Mark, told me. He looked official enough - out surveying the land and his name was embroidered on his shirt. You can believe anything someone says if they a) are holding a clipboard and b) have their name on their shirt.

1 comment:

KoriG said...

Hmmm...maybe I need to carry a clipboard and embroider my name on my shirt...does it still work if it's a camera and not a clipboard?
LOL

Seriously though. So glad you were able to get out and enjoy a little freedom. I know you were going stir crazy at home!
Cool shots too :-)